Thursday, August 14, 2008

Water Puppets









We have kept ourselves somewhat busy the last couple days. Yesterday we met some of the other families and their babies at the Water Puppet show, which is a traditional Vietnamese show with music, and well, puppets in the water! In the picture above, besides us, is Sarah and her daughter Sadie, Kevin and Sharon and their son Cameron, and Wayne and Chris and their daughter Emma. Maddy liked it at first, but then the music was so loud it made her cry. After a little while she just passed out on me and slept through the entire show. Griffin would have loved it though because it was so colorful and the puppets were pretty cool. It was nice to see the other babies too-we sat next to Wayne, Chris and Emma. Emma and Maddy were staring at each other quite a bit and I think they recognized each other from the orphanage! After the show we just came back to the room and ordered up dinner from the restaurant downstairs. Today we went out and took a cyclo around the city a little. A cyclo is kind of like a rickshaw-you ride in the seat in front and the driver pedals a bike. I was a little reluctant because of the CRAZY traffic here, but Craig has been bugging me to do it for a couple days. We video taped the traffic around us and I made sure to tell the camera that if we didn't make it, it's Craig's fault!! But we made it and it was really pretty cool. There were a few tense moments when a full size city bus would come inches from us, and I would just say, "bus, bus, bus", but we were just fine! Then we did some shopping and bought some things for Griffin and some things for Maddy to have from her birth country when she grows up. Craig and I bought a couple things for ourselves too. We found a place selling watches and Craig bought a Tag Heuer and I got a Longines. We looked them up on the internet and one was about $1200 and one $1600-we got them both for $100! I'm sure they're real, right?! We saw a place with some "Coach" purses too, maybe I will go back and get one of those too! Well, tomorrow we get Maddy's visa so technically we can come home, but we still haven't gotten any flights, so we are pretty sure we are here for the duration. We really miss Griffin alot so we are anxious to go home, but we have no control so we are making the best of it and spending time bonding with Maddy. I want to thank you all again for all the comments, we love reading them every day!
p.s. If any of you T.I.M. girls are reading this, I just wanted to make sure someone showed JoAnn how to get to the internet:)




3 comments:

The Letter 'W' said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats and enjoy your new baby girl.
Shannon
PAP...waiting for I-600 submission

Jeannine said...

Hi guys,

Little Maddy look so happy in all of the pictures! I love the red bow and she looks so sweet sleeping on you Laura. Thanks for all the posts, we are checking every day to see what you are up to. Can't wait to see you when you get home!

Andrea said...

Laura,
I have been pulling up your blog everyday at work and everyone sends their bleesing to you all.
I have tried a couple of times to write to you but it hasn't worked for me. I keep forgetting my password. I don't think JoAnn has even tried, but I have been keeping her posted.
It has been so nice to watch you and Craig bond with Maddy. She is so sweet, her smile makes me smile.
I know you are missing the little guy a lot, but just know that what he's going to remember about your time being away is that he got a little sister out of it and I'm sure it won't be long before he is going to love and protect her.
Have a safe trip back and
Thank You for sharing with us all!
Andrea