




So....here are some more pictures. Not much excitement around here, just waiting again. Today we got Maddy's passport and then Friday we have an appointment at the consulate to get her visa. Which means, as of Friday we are free to go. BUT, there are no flights available because of the Olympics so we probably will be here until our scheduled flight next Tuesday. We really, really want to get out of here early but the chances are pretty much slim to none. There is really not much to do here, especially with a six month old. The sidewalks are not very stroller friendly and in some areas you have to walk in the street because they park their motorbikes on the very narrow sidewalks. So here we are walking in the street with a baby and buses, cars, and literally hundreds of motorbikes whizzing by and all beeping their horns. Yesterday the traffic was so bad and the air was filled with exhaust fumes so we walked a little and then just turned back and stuck around here for the the rest of the day. Thankfully, we have a pool here also. One of the pictures is Maddy's first swim-doesn't she look cute in here little swimsuit? The water was kind of cold but she liked it anyway. Today we took her to the medical clinic here because she has a rash on her face and she has been pulling on her ears quite a bit. Some of the other babies from the orphanage had scabies so I just wanted to make sure she didn't have them or an ear infection. Luckily she is scabies free, and her ears are fine. She has sensitive skin and the rash is most likely from our fabric softener or something else she came into contact with that she is not used to. We also found out she only weighs 11 lbs.! I told you she was a tiny little peanut! She is healthy, and not malnourished at all so she is just petite. So that is about all that is happening here. Tomorrow we are going to a water puppet show with one of the other couples here and their little girl Emma. So it will be Maddy's first playdate! I will have more pictures tomorrow!
9 comments:
Beautiful baby! Thanks for sharing your journey with those of us waiting for approval!! :-)
Missy
WC PAP
waiting for I-600 approval
Craig and Laura:
Great pictures; sure seems like an incredible experience. Are you still scheduled to come back via Seattle? If so, let us know your schedule and we will try and coordinate a visit, brief as though it will be.
All the best,
Jim, Patty, Helen and Grace
Laura, Maddy is so beautiful and you guys look so happy! I'm happy for you. I showed the kids your pictures and they got all excited. Hopefully you will be on your way home soon.
Teresa
Congratulations! We are so happy for you and can't wait to meet the new addition. Maddy is so cute and happy. Safe travels back to the U.S.
She really is adorable Laura. We're all so happy for all of you. She looks so comfortable all ready, and right where she belongs. I lots of personality already coming through those pictures. Great, strong name. I'm betting Griffin's going to have a lot of fun with her. I know it's really hard to stay put, once you're ready to come home but you're almost at the end of the "beginning" of the adoption journey,and you'll be back in MI soon! What a journey huh! Take care and peaceful traveling!
Love,
Deb and the rest of the Pendrys (and Lindseys and Dregers!
Congrads!!! Just got the link and saw the pictures tonight - What a doll! We will be thinking and saying a prayer for your safe return. Can't wait to see her in person.
Roger, Anita, Austin & Courtney
Hi honey. I wish you could get home sooner too.I can hardly wait to get my hands on my new little grandniece. I talked to Aunt Janet a couple days ago and told her all about Maddy. She was really pleased about Margaret. I'll call her again in a day or two and see if she remembers. Love to all of you. See you soon.
She is so beautiful!! What a head of hair. I love the name, my mom's name is Margaret and I just don't see to many people with the name. I hope you have a safe trip home.
Donna
PAP to Lauren Grace, 3 months
Bac Ninh province
Waiting to file our I600
Great pictures!!! She's very cute. Have a safe trip home. Let's get together when you get settled.
Love,
Travis, Sheri & Kelsey
Post a Comment