Well, we have had Maddy now for 2 full days and everything is going smooth. She is pretty happy most of the time but wants to be held alot, which is ok with us. She gets a little cranky when she is hungry, but that's about it. We went out to a restaurant tonight and it was the first time she got really cranky. We have gone to breakfast and dinner at the restaurant in our hotel and she has hardly made a peep each time-she just sits on our laps and watches all the people. So tonight we decided to venture out to a different restaurant and she was so cranky! We went to a great place that I have heard about from others who have been here called Bobby Chin's. It's the kind of place that at home I would never bring a baby, but here they are used to couple's here to adopt and having babies with them so its no big deal to them. But is it a beautiful restaurant. We sat at a table with couches instead of chairs and it was so comfortable. The food was really good except we had to wolf it down because of our fussy little one. The best part though was that the waitresses were all coming over to play with Maddy and when they brought out our dinner, the waitress scooped her up and held her so we could eat. She got a big tip! We did a lot of walking today and it is so hot here that I think she was just overtired and hungry. She likes being in the front carrier and checking out all the sights. For all of you waiting to travel just a little tidbit I learned today. You know how we are always told to cover the babies up when you go out even though its hot, because they don't like when the babies are not covered? IT'S NOT TRUE!! First of all, the whole time we have been here I have seen lots of babies and none of them are covered. Secondly, twice today I have had Vietnamese women tell me to take Maddy's socks off, that she's too hot! I wanted to say "Yeah, I know, but that's what they told me to do!!"
Well, I'm off to bed-Maddy woke up at 5:30 this morning so it's been a long day! Thanks to everyone for the well wishes-we can't wait to bring her home to meet everyone. I will post more tomorrow.
2 comments:
Congratulations! Little Maddy is a doll baby! I am so very happy for you! -Cherri Weir- friend of Tina's
How cute! Glad to hear that you are all adjusting well. Funny about the socks!!
Post a Comment