Then Griffin woke up and met his sister for the first time. He was very excited to meet her, and he gave her a present that he made for her-a piggy bank and he decorated with stickers and it says "sister" on it. It was so cute when he gave it to her because he was so proud! He is doing pretty well with her, but he does have his jealous moments when he wants us all to himself. He likes to help out with her though, so when she is crying I ask him to make sure she is okay so he will pat her back and say "Its ok Maddy". Jet lag hit us pretty hard yesterday, and it was a struggle to stay awake and take care of 2 kids for the first time. I took a 2 1/2 hr nap in the afternoon while Craig took the kids, so that helped and we got a good nights sleep last night so I think we will feel better today. We can't wait to have everyone meet Maddy-Craig's brother Scott and his wife Natalie are coming over for dinner tonight to meet her, so that will be nice. I'm sure this weekend we will see more friends so I will post some more pictures soon!
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Home sweet home!
Then Griffin woke up and met his sister for the first time. He was very excited to meet her, and he gave her a present that he made for her-a piggy bank and he decorated with stickers and it says "sister" on it. It was so cute when he gave it to her because he was so proud! He is doing pretty well with her, but he does have his jealous moments when he wants us all to himself. He likes to help out with her though, so when she is crying I ask him to make sure she is okay so he will pat her back and say "Its ok Maddy". Jet lag hit us pretty hard yesterday, and it was a struggle to stay awake and take care of 2 kids for the first time. I took a 2 1/2 hr nap in the afternoon while Craig took the kids, so that helped and we got a good nights sleep last night so I think we will feel better today. We can't wait to have everyone meet Maddy-Craig's brother Scott and his wife Natalie are coming over for dinner tonight to meet her, so that will be nice. I'm sure this weekend we will see more friends so I will post some more pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Welcome Home! Glad you're back safe and sound. Maddy's room is beautiful! I love it!
Teresa
Welcome Home ~ The room is gorgeous!!
Welcome Home! The room is beutiful!
Did Dena paint it?
I'll give you some time, but JoAnn Tina and I would love to come for a visit.
Enjoy your new family and thanks again for sharing it all with us.
Andrea
I have been eagerly awaiting word of your arrival in the states! I am so happy for you and glad that things went well. Before I read the blog and was looking at the pictures, I thought Maddy's room was adorable! How wonderful that your husband and friends planned such a special surprise. Best to all of you and keep us posted!
Post a Comment