Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Greetings from Hanoi!

Well, we are here! It seemed to take forever, but we made it. The flights were not that bad, but we were just exhausted! With all the layovers and the time changes we didn't know what time or what day it was for that matter. I was trying to post yesterday when we got here, but I was having trouble with the pictures and I was so tired I was literally falling asleep at the computer.
We were also having trouble with Skype, which is the way we are communicating back home with Griffin. We finally got that to work and got to talk to him, and then we gave up and went to bed-the first time we were able to sleep in a bed in about 40 hrs. It was so nice! Yesterday after we arrived at the hotel, we met with our in country staff from our agency. There are five other families here from our agency so it is really nice to have other people around that we can talk to. Well, anyway we found out that we will not be going to get the babies until Thursday or Friday. We were hoping we would be going today, but I guess this gives us some time to do some shopping and sight seeing a little. We are going to venture out in a little while after we eat breakfast. It is so hot and humid here that I want to do our walking early or late in the day! The staff at the hotel are so nice. We needed an adapter for our computer and the one that the hotel supplied wasn't compatible with our plug so Craig went down to the front desk to ask them for advice. The guy at the desk says "You take a walk with me" and he just walked outside and took Craig six blocks down to a store and told the people there what we needed and we got the right one! I can't imagine anyone at a U.S. hotel doing that for you! I am still having trouble with the pictures so I will try to work on that and post some later, but I just wanted to let everyone know we are here safe and sound!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

So glad that you arrived safely!!
Do any of the other families have blog?

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about you. Good to know that you are there and all is going well so far.

Michelle and Peter said...

Happy to hear you made it safe. Sorry about the delay in you G&R, but just think it gives you a couple of days to catch up on sleep.

Michelle

Sue said...

Such an exciting time for you! I look forward to following your adventures!

Sue
AP to Lily