Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Yes, we are still here!










I know, I know-it's been awhile! Every day I wake up and think about all the things I want to get accomplished for the day (like updating the blog) and every night I go to bed and think of all the things I did not get accomplished (like updating the blog)! But, we are all adjusting pretty well to our new family dynamic and settling into a routine. The napping is still sporadic so I take advantage of it when it happens. That's usually when I plan to blog but then I think about all the other things I have to do-like laundry, cleaning, cooking, more laundry, etc, etc.... Griffin started preschool earlier this month so it has been nice having some time just for Maddy without having to divide my time between them. And Griffin loves school-he gets to ride the school bus and I think that's his favorite part! We are going on a field trip on Friday to an apple orchard so he is excited about that. Maddy just turned 8 months old and is growing so fast. I'm not sure how much she weighs right now but she definitely feels heavier and her cheeks are chubbier! She just learned to clap the other day and now she claps all the time. When she is happy, when she is mad, when she is sucking her thumb, and when I am trying to get her to go to sleep at night. She still wakes up at least twice a night for a bottle, but she is eating more and more rice cereal and baby food so I'm hoping she will start feeling fuller at night and not waking up so much. She is still crawling all over the place and pulling up on everything. She is a pro now at that now and is starting to stand on her own. She will be holding on to something and she will let go and smile like she is so proud of herself. The first few times Griffin and I would count to see how long she could stand and we would maybe count to three. But now a few times we have counted to ten! She also tries to climb up on things like the couch or the ottoman-she can't master that one yet but it doesn't stop her from trying. She will try and try, and fall and fall, and she will keep on going until you stop her. She has her moments but she is still overall a happy baby. Life around here has been pretty stressful lately due to the economy problems. Craig is a financial advisor so need I say more! It has been like roller coaster lately that doesn't seem to be stopping. Hopefully our lawmakers will do the right thing (finally) in the coming days, but we shall see. Well, Maddy is awake from her nap so my time is up. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:

Nora Jane said...

Laura - She is absolutely thriving!! Don't you love watching the effects of a little love and some good nutrition :) Adorable pics - thanks for sharing!