The kids both did well with Santa. Griffin told Santa what he wanted and Maddy was not scared at all.
Maddy is checking out her new sippy cup she got in her stocking.
Maddy in the bus.
These are just some photos from the last month. We had a great Christmas around here-I think Maddy enjoyed her first Christmas and Griffin was so excited about Santa coming. I really didn't buy the kids many toys this year because I new they would get so much from family. We already have SO MANY toys. We brought out a whole box of Griffin's baby toys for Maddy a few weeks ago and it was like Christmas morning for her! So looking at all those I just couldn't bring myself to buy anymore. I was feeling a little bad Christmas morning because I hadn't bought more. I really only bought Maddy one toy, and the rest I splurged on all kinds of cute clothes. And for Griffin I bought alot of learning type things. Puzzles to help him learn to spell, a clock that helps teach how to tell time, art supplies, that kind of thing. But not many toys that were just plain fun toys. Well, I'm glad I stuck to my guns, because we came home from Christmas Day with Craig's family with a huge bag full of toys talking, playing music, and blinking lights. And then they got gifts from my family the next day. Needless to say we have PLENTY of toys!
Maddy has been walking for a few weeks now and now there is no.stopping.her. She is into everything and she is fast. You have to look around before you open the fridge because as soon as you do she makes a mad dash and tries to get inside. Griffin loves his little sister (most of the time!) and they play together all the time. Its so nice to hear them playing together and making each other laugh-and keeping each other occupied so Mommy can get some things done around here. Maddy knows what the word "no" means now, even if she doesn't really listen when we say it. Now when we say no she shakes her head no, and when she goes to touch the Christmas tree or something else she knows she shouldn't be doing, she will turn and look at us and shake her head before we can say anything! She is pretty much sleeping through the night now, but occasionally will wake up and want to be rocked back to sleep. She still has no teeth at 11 months old! Her pediatrician said they will probably all come out at the same time. Great! I don't know if it will be better to get it over with, or will it be ten times worse because they are all cutting through at once. The poor thing needs some teeth though because she wants to eat more than just baby food. I give her softer things she can gum, but she wants what we are eating! She is still a petite little thing wearing 6-9month clothes, but she is definitely getting enough to eat. She has what we call her little "Buddha belly" that sticks out all the time. She is such a little cutie!
Speaking of cuties, congrats to Ann who is in Vietnam right now to bring little Brian home. I am reliving our trip through her blog! I just hope all the other PAP's can bring their little ones home very soon!
3 comments:
Loved seeing the pictures of your family, Laura! Glad to hear that all is going well. The kids are beautiful and you did the right thing limiting the toys on Christmas Day! Best to you for the New Year!
It was great to see pictures of Maddy. She's grown so much since we saw her on 8/8! Cameron's still in 6-9 months, too (he'll be one on 24th). So glad to hear things are going well! Happy New Year! Cameron, Sharon & Kevin
Maddy is just getting cuter by the day and your son is a doll also! Walking already?? I am guessing Emma "might" be walking at 14 months - but we could be surprised. I can wait - now that she is crawling really well, she is a handful! lol Looks as if your Christmas was very blessed. Happy New Year to the whole family! P.S. I told Sarah that I see our Vietnamese babies' smiles just getting bigger and bigger and that is so sweet to see.
Post a Comment